The 1st Annual Sandy Sprint 5K Run/Walk California (Virtual) November 14- November 30, 2020
Here is the Virtual Guided Course! You can choose to do this one or choose one of your own.
- Download the free RunGo app, on iPhone or Android
- Open the route in the app. Best to open the URL (route on the web) on the phone browser, then tap "Open in the RunGo app"
- Start the run in the correct mode: "Start" if on the actual course, "Outdoor Virtual Mode" if outdoors but remote (uses your GPS to track progress), or "Indoor/Treadmill Virtual Mode" if indoors on a treadmill or just running on the spot (just keep the phone on you – in your pocket, armband, or hand – to detect your progress with steps)
- At the end of the run, when the route says "Stop the timer," stop the run
- Tap "Share" and "Submit to Virtual Race" and select "Sandy Sprint" from the list
- You can run outdoors around their block or any route in Outdoor Virtual Mode, or
- Indoor on a treadmill in Treadmill Virtual Mode, even on the spot. You must have your phone on you: in your pocket, hand, armband, etc. You can also watch the course POV in Live Street View
The Sandy Sprint is hosted by the Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation in an effort to spread the word about our mission and raise funds to advance research. All funds raised will support Ovarian Cancer Research.
Race Start Times
Virtual 5K: $35
Virtual Children under 12: $25
The Sandy Rollman Ovarian Cancer Foundation is dedicated to raising awareness of ovarian cancer, advocating for early diagnostic testing,supporting ovarian cancer patients and their families and advancing research towards a cure.